Thursday, March 13, 2008

Here am I. Send me...

Isaiah has a great sense of humor... He is actually quite witty.. He LOVES to serve other people is any way at all.. He is also very cautious and likes to know what to expect.. Not at all the "plow ahead through whatever may come" sort of kid.. Since he was 2 he has always lived vicariously through Caleb - encouraging HIM to try something that he's (Isaiah) not too sure of. He watches and assesses the situation, evaluating whether or not the thrill is worth the risk.. He pays attention to and studies things that most don't.. For example, air ducts, pipes, wires, sewers... :) He's a sweet kid, more huggy than he lets on.. He gets embarassed by affection at first, but really enjoys the attention and snuggles anyway.. He is very quick to catch on in Math and would listen all day (literally) to someone read a book (even without pictures!)or tell a story... He's definitely a quality time kid when it comes to love languages.. He will talk your ear off if you get him alone! He's also very sensitive to words - affirming or critical.. The verse that we chose for him when he was born - "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me." (Is. 6:8) is SO him... The first to be cheerfully willing and eager. What a great kid... He's growing up way too fast.

No comments: