Monday, March 10, 2008

He has become ONE OF THEM...


So, Scott interviewed for a new job in late January.... The week after his interview as we were waiting to hear, he went out for Chinese at lunch with a couple of co-workers (from Thrivent.) This was the fortune in his fortune cookie. :) Now, we really are NOT superstitious people, but it was pretty fun to get!! Sure enough, a couple of days later we got the call and he was hired. About a month later, we were eating at that same Chinese restaurant, and he got the next fortune pictured! heh heh. Pretty funny.


So, yes. It was inevitable, I'm sure... (If you don't want to work for Caterpillar, don't move to the Peoria area... heh heh) We have officially joined the 99.9% of the population here in working in some way, shape or form for CAT. :) Scott is in his second week at the Peoria Proving Grounds and is really enjoying it so far. He is on a team that focuses primarily on the BIG wheel loaders and works with the engineers and mechanics to run tests, diagnose problems, and brainstorm solutions, among many other things!! Scotty Lee heaven, I call it. Looking at big machines all day that don't work right and then working with a bunch of other people to try to figure out the problem!? Not so much heaven to me.. :) He even gets to DRIVE them.... Which of course caused an instantaneous achievement of Super Cool Daddy of the Year. We are all excited about the change and I am loving seeing my husband not only enjoy his work and do well at it, but also get paid to do it!! (AKA NOT commission-based work) He will work first shift until the fall and then the plan is to move to second shift... My nephew, Elijah, will be relieved to know that his uncle Scott now has a "real" job. (He comes home dirty.) :)









4 comments:

Randy said...

Maybe someday I will have a real job like Scott. Sounds like fun. Maybe I could come and take a tour of the proving grounds sometime?

lees said...

Absolutely! Scott would love to have an excuse to take out one of the 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive trucks on the 2500 acres... Mud pits and all! heh heh. Come over any Saturday!

Randy said...

Yippee! I am so excited for all of you! Nothing better than a happy husband coming home from a job he enjoys and getting paid for it too. Karen

Jennifer said...

Congrats Scotty! I love the reports and updates - sounds like a lot of fun and a great thing for you all!