Saturday, April 19, 2008

Champion

We have taken Zeke to a puppy training class for the last 8 wks. and it has been quite the adventure! First of all, Zeke is BY FAR the largest puppy in the class... It's a pretty funny sight.. and he also tends to be a very "friendly and excited" puppy on class days... I've gone through the whole humbling experience (that you usually get with your kids) of feeling like I must look like a complete failure as a parent!(or puppy owner) Anyway, on the last day of class there was a competition and a graduation ceremony (Complete with caps! It's hard to see, but he's got it on in the picture above!) The competition was to test the puppies in all of the skills that they had learned.. Zeke won 2 out of the 4 events!! He had the longest "down-stay" and the longest "leave it." (not eating a treat that is put inches from his nose when I say "leave it.") The kids alternated coming each week and this last week it was Caleb's turn, so he was in the "ring" with me. But since it was "Graduation day" the rest of the family came too and watched from the outside of the ring! I think we were all equally amazed that he won! Anyway, at the end of the class the trainer passed out sheets of paper and everyone in class was to vote for the "best in class" and "most improved." Caleb and I agreed that Rufio was definitely most improved and that Lucky was best... But, apparently, the other people in class thought that Zeke was the real champion because they voted him Best in Class!! We were shocked... In fact, I was kind of waiting for the "Ha! Ha! Just Kidding!! The REAL winner is..." But, I accepted our certificate and doogy treats graciously and praise our new champion puppy. It was all quite exciting!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats Zeke and trainers! :)