O.k... My kid is the sweetest kid in the world... So, AWANA has this night called "Store Night" when the kids get to turn the points they've earned into "bucks" and "shop" for toys. As I walked through the room to find Isaiah I'm looking around and I'm seeing some pretty sweet toys... I'm talking like $10-$15 toys!! So I'm getting all psyched to see what Isaiah picked. As I'm approaching him I notice a plastic golf set sticking out of his bag... (You know, those Dollar General sets that are actually probably intended for toddlers and fall apart immediately upon use?) Yeah... So, as he excitedly shows me everything he got it takes everything in my greedy, selfish little heart not to say, "Why didn't you get something COOL??!!" He is SO excited and SO thrilled. I kick my butt out of the greedy gutter and appreciate his sweetness.. But THEN we get back to the fam and he starts pulling all of his toys out of his bag and distributing them one by one to each of his siblings!!! He picked out a toy especially for each kid! A pink ball for Abigail, a pack of cars for Caleb, a truck for Micah... and the golf set for them all to play with together! He splits his Reeses cups with them all and hands me his gum because he "Knows that's just what you like, Mommy!" He was on cloud 9. Is that just about the coolest kid on earth or what??!! TOTALLY.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment